This is one convenient way you can start to move your old home directory files over to new home directories:
1) If you havent got ian to activate your UCL account then do so.
2) login to your machine as your ucl user
3) start dolphin &
4) right click on the ‘places’ column of the dolphin window
and click ‘add entry’
5) in the resulting pop-up window put in the remote location of your home directory:
substitute username and ** as appropriate
6) click split at the top of the dolphin window to give you a split screen
Then click on your new home directory in the places directory and
start copying things over.